Corporate Job Bank is seeking a Mig/Rig Welder, with experience in aluminum and magnesium alloys, for an aerospace company located in the Glendale Arizona area.
1st shift - 4am start, possibly working 8, 10, 12 hours per day 6 days per week
$20 - $25 ph DOE
Welding rods for various magnesium and aluminum alloys, argon gas, water, air, compressed air, fluorescent penetrating oil, film developer and solvents, magnesium and aluminum plugs, test plates, and x-ray film.
TIG welding machine and accessories, electrically operated pre-heat furnaces, welding booth, hand operated air grinders and chisels, brushes, protective shields, tungsten electrodes, argon gas cylinders, gas pressure regulators and air hose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following:
- Receive work assignments from supervisor
- Clean castings
- Fit and secure back-up plates as required
- Pre-heat castings to require temperature prior to weld
- Start welder per weld schedule and regulate water coolant for torch head
- Select proper electrodes, machine settings, gas flow rates and welding rods
- Perform plug welding as required
- Remove defects as indicated on x-ray film as required
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of welding properties of magnesium and aluminum alloys, welding rods, pre-heat temperature and allowances for the effect of shrinkage, warpage and expansion.
- Weld test plates as required to customers’ specifications
- Color coding of weld rod in accordance with instructions in Quality Control procedures
- Record welds in daily log sheets
- Advise MRB and/or supervisor on suitability of welding castings
- Maintain a clean work area
- Notify supervisor of any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material
If you meet the job requirements and would like to be considered for this position, please call 623-209-7270 or send a current resume for review to: firstname.lastname@example.org