Corporate Job Bank is seeking a Quality Control Specialist with experience in digital data scanning for a client in the west valley.
Title: Quality Control Specialist
Digital Data Scan – Phoenix, AZ
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
$16 per hour
Description: Under direct supervision, works with document handler staff on daily production needs, ensures the accuracy and quality of work performed during all steps in the production process including document preparation, scanning and indexing. Also performs post-processing, quality control, optical character recognition, export, and file upload tasks.
Example of Duties:
1. Work with document handler staff to ensure daily production goals are met.
2. Ensure appropriate scanner settings and parameters for each project are set prior to scanning and adjust parameters as necessary.
3. Perform scanner maintenance (cleaning, roller replacement, etc.) on a routine basis.
4. Visually inspect every scanned image. Correct errors in scanning operations by adjusting images or rescanning documents to achieve the quality, clarity and legibility requirements set for each project.
5. Visually inspect, audit and correct discrepancies in data for indexing fields populated both automatically and manually.
6. Utilize a document imaging software system to maintain the organization of scanned customer files.
7. Perform image post-processing activities in document management software.
8. Export scanned images to appropriate electronic folders.
9. Set up, monitor, and verify Optical Character Recognition software jobs.
10.Log and report consistent errors to avoid the continuation of those errors.
11.Assist other team members with document preparation, scanning, indexing and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Skilled in proficiently using a computer to perform data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet functions.
2. Type at least 50 words per minute with 10-key experience.
3. Ability to visually identify and correct discrepancies in data.
4. Ability to consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
5. Ability to meet department productivity and quality standards.
6. Ability to carefully move documents from one location to another while keeping them organized.
7. Ability to be detail oriented.
8. Ability to work in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
9. Ability to receive, comprehend, and respond appropriately to direction.
10.Ability to move around as required by job needs.
11.Ability to follow agency policies and procedures.
12.Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and respectful attitude.
13.Ability to communicate effectively in English.
14.Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
15.Ability to work overtime hours as needed.