Plant Manager Extraordinaire!
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Category :
Job Description :
Do you exude confidence and have the ability to lead and motivate others in a manufacturing environment?
The position will be actively involved in evaluating new tooling, capital equipment, and processes to prepare for future growth, best practices evolution, and new products. Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries. Manage and analyze production data and metrics. Identify and manage continuous improvement projects as well as preventative maintenance programs. Ensure that material supplies are sufficient and the material product mix is adequate. Participate on new product development, capital equipment justification, and material planning processes.
- Ability to function at a high level in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that reflects the mission of the company
- Identify new opportunities and initiate new process/practices that will enhance business operations, reduce costs, and support in meeting company goals
- Ensure adequate manufacturing capacity is maintained to meet customer needs.
- Closely monitor and control overall spending such that monthly total and product specific targets are met or exceeded
- Develop and implement a yearly cost reduction plan that improves productivity
- Act as a team role model to positively lead and develop team members to work together in order to achieve individual and team goals
- Survey morale within Operations and continually seeks ways to improve it
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of production to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate staff.
- Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Collaborate with the Process, Quality, & Safety department to ensure objectives are attained in a safe and cost effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements.
- Assist with the development and enforcement of safety policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the facility and employees
- Assist with enforcing the Company’s Quality Policy with a focus on customer’s expectations, problem prevention, and continuous improvement, resulting in improved results for themselves, customers, and the company.
- Serve as a member of the management team in carrying out company initiatives, support the work of other departments, and provide input on company strategy, policies, and procedures
- Manage and analyze production data and metrics. Identify and manage continuous improvement projects as well as preventative maintenance programs. Ensure that material Ensure that daily production reporting is accurate, timely, and consistent with the production scheduled. Monitor manufacturing performance and results. Identify, suggest, and execute corrective actions to minimize costs, eliminate material shortages, and reduce deviations from the production schedule. Execute production at or better than Standards.
- Develop and oversee the preventative maintenance and training program for the maintenance of production equipment and tools to maximize plant productivity and efficiency.
Required Qualifications :
- Proven hands-on manufacturing leader that started in engineering, has moved into operations, and has 5+ years of recent experience within the injection molding industry .
- Ability to work hours M-F 6AM to 6PM.
- BS Engineering or plastics is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the plastic injection molding industry
- Strong supervisory experience e is required
- Experience in managing injection molding manufacturing operations
- Experience with a company with multiple manufacturing locations is ideal
- Experience using Lean manufacturing techniques
- Must be technically proficient to ‘troubleshoot’ mechanical problems with molds and machinery.
If interested and qualified, please submit a resume to