Job Type :
Compensation : 11.20 USD/HOUR
Start Date :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
High School Diploma or GED Preferred (Not Required)
Job Category :
Job Description :
Looking for several Pack Techs for a company in the west valley area.
Interested candidates must be able to work 12 hour shifts and must be flexible to work alternate weekends, and overtime.
Shifts: - 6PM - 6AM on a rotating schedule
Pay:$11.20 an hour
Pack Tech is responsible for basic operator maintenance, adjustments, quality and operation of production equipment used to produce cups, containers, straws and / or lids.
- Performs duties needed to operate production equipment used to produce cups, containers, straws and / or lids.
- Makes basic mechanical adjustments such as changing temperature, air settings, water pressure, speed and hydraulic pressure.
- Replaces and documents simple worn out or broken mechanical components.
- Performs timely operator mechanical checks on all assigned equipment to ensure proper adjustments are maintained.
- Maintains established cycle settings on assigned machines to ensure production quality with minimal scrap.
- Periodically cleans dye lip, molds, and rollers.
- Cleans lines and detects jams or malfunctions of machines. Makes adjustments as necessary.
- Performs equipment evaluations at the start of the shift to ensure production flow is consistent throughout.
- Perform “basket checks”, “line checks” and all assigned quality and measurement tests of the product being made to inspect for defects and malfunctions every hour. Must document findings on the inspector checklist.
- Responsible for informing the leadership team immediately of any failure to meet established quality standards to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Perform all assigned quality tests to measure the quality of the product. This requires frequent fingering and handling of the product to inspect for defects.
- Diagnose and determine cause for machine malfunctions along with making operator troubleshoot to assigned machines.
- Must have steel toed boots
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years experience in manufacturing environment
- Machine operator experience in plastics or foam industry preferred
- Basic computer and math skills
- Be comfortable working 12+ hour shifts while sitting, standing, walking and bending
- Be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Be able to pass a drug test and background check
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-907-7462 to start the interview process
Required Qualifications :