General Manager - Electronics
Job Type :
Job Category :
Job Description :
The General Manager will be an experienced leader, who demonstrates high energy, leads by example, engages staff across the organization and supports a culture that is committed to product quality. He/she will be detail oriented, work well with others, lead and inspire the team, and set a tone of precision, excellence and responsiveness to customers and stakeholders.
The General Manager will be responsible for all areas of operations, except for sales, and will work seamlessly with the parent organization:
- Full Responsibility for the maintenance & operation of the physical site.
Acts as a factory and business leader, developing strong staff and succession plans.
Maintain a strong and effective senior leadership team
Identifies performance issues, provides constructive developmental feedback, and assists in development planning to effectively manage and lead the professional growth of employees.
Drives continuous process and quality improvement.
Understands the elements of change management and how to incorporate best practices into process improvement initiatives.
Actively participates and supports continuous operational improvement projects within the unit and across plants (with our Southampton UK team, our South Bend, our Zhuhai and Nogales teams).
Provides strong and visible leadership to drive cross-functional improvement at the site.
Ensures that production meets the required cycle (lead) times
Ensures that engineering meets the required development times
Ensures continuous and effective throughput by allocation of staff and equipment.
Manages the physical inventory to accounting, quality and accuracy expectations.
Ensures all products meet specifications (Government, Suppliers, Customers, & Company).
Provides leadership and ownership in assuring compliance in Safety, Health and Environmental practices.
Accountable to achieve quality metrics and to deliver productivity improvements.
Demonstrates a Customer focused response and mindset
Maintains the highest possible standards both internally and externally.
Familiar with leading an (ISO/AS9100) structured organization.
Familiarity with government DPAS-rated orders a necessity.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Degree in Engineering or Management with an MBA or MS preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of plant/factory leadership experience ideally in value-added electronics assembly.
- Experience supervising multiple disciplines including hourly, non-exempt and exempt personnel.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a multi-shift fast-paced assembly and vertically-integrated manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma or Theory of Constraints.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001/AS9100 quality system.
- Machining experience a plus.
- Experience in working with merged organizations.