Job Type :
Compensation : 11.75 USD/HOUR
Start Date :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
High School Diploma or GED Preferred (Not Required)
Job Category :
Job Description :
Corporate Job Bank has an immediate need for Pack Tech operators for a client in the west valley.
Interested candidates will be able to work 12 hour shifts and must be flexible to work alternate weekends, and overtime.
Scheduled Hours - 6AM - 6PM on an alternating schedule working every other weekend
$11.25 per hour
Dress Code: Jeans, collar tab t-shirt, tennis shoes/closed toe and heel
These positions are temp to hire. Our client offers training and a safe work environment.
Pack Tech is responsible for basic operator maintenance, adjustments, quality and operation of production equipment used to produce cups, containers, straws and / or lids.
- Performs duties needed to operate production equipment used to produce cups, containers, straws and / or lids.
- Makes basic mechanical adjustments such as changing temperature, air settings, water pressure, speed and hydraulic pressure.
- Replaces and documents simple worn out or broken mechanical components.
- Performs timely operator mechanical checks on all assigned equipment to ensure proper adjustments are maintained.
- Maintains established cycle settings on assigned machines to ensure production quality with minimal scrap.
- Periodically cleans dye lip, molds, and rollers.
- Cleans lines and detects jams or malfunctions of machines. Makes adjustments as necessary.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies, procedures and practices to include performing LOTO of production equipment when required.
- Performs equipment evaluations at the start of the shift to ensure production flow is consistent throughout.
- Perform “basket checks”, “line checks” and all assigned quality and measurement tests of the product being made to inspect for defects and malfunctions every hour. Must document findings on the inspector checklist.
- Responsible for informing the leadership team immediately of any failure to meet established quality standards to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Perform all assigned quality tests to measure the quality of the product. This requires frequent fingering and handling of the product to inspect for defects.
- Diagnose and determine cause for machine malfunctions along with making operator troubleshoot to assigned machines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Lead, Team Supervisor or Department Manager.
Interested and Qualified candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
You may also call our office at 623-209-7262 to schedule an interview.
You can also text me at (602) 492-5745
Required Qualifications :
- Work an 12+ hour shift while sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, grasping, use hands to finger, grasp with hands and arms, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and lifting throughout the entire shift.
- Requires the manual movement of cases of finished goods that weight up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to extreme heat, Indoors in a manufacturing environment that is not air conditioned.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Wear PPE while working, which includes hairnet, hearing protection and safety glasses with side guards.
- Work a 12+ hour shift
- Able to work weekdays, weekends and overtime.
Education – High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience – Two years in a manufacturing environment. Previous machine operator experience in plastics or foam industry or extrusion or thermoforming operator preferred.
Skills – Basic computer skills. Basic Math skills. Mechanical aptitude. Ability to function with minimal direction. Must be able to effectively communicate in English both oral and written.
A drug test and thorough background check (criminal history) will be conducted prior to placement. A criminal history is NOT an automatic bar to employment with this client but will be considered like many other factors
Corporate Job Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Corporate Job Bank is a Drug Free Workplace