QA Inspector (Aerospace)
Phoenix, AZ 85019 US
We are seeking a meticulous Aerospace QA Inspector for a full-time (temp-hire) position in Phoenix, AZ. The Aerospace QA Inspector will play a critical role in ensuring the compliance and quality of aerospace components and materials. If you have an eye for detail, precision measuring skills, and a background in dimensional tolerance inspection, we invite you to join our team.
SHIFT: 1st Shift - Full Time (Temp-Hire)
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ, US
- Receive and inspect Outside Vendor (OSV) parts, meticulously checking for compliance with required processes, certifications, and paperwork. Document and report any discrepancies.
- Examine purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and raw materials for adherence to specifications using precision measuring instruments and devices. Detect defects, workmanship issues, and damage incurred during transit.
- Conduct in-process inspections following documented requirements and promptly report any discrepancies.
- Prepare Inspection Discrepancy Reports (IDRs) when necessary and input data into the QA database. Document acceptance or rejections on the appropriate router.
- Perform source inspections as requested by customers and ensure all associated documentation is completed accurately.
- Verify the completed product against parts lists, drawings, blueprints, customer purchase orders, and specifications to ensure it meets customer expectations. Confirm specified dimensions of products or materials and complete Detailed Inspection Plans (DIPs).
- Carry out first article inspections and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Assist in the creation and updating of inspection procedures, protocols, and checklists.
- Develop outlines for inspection procedures for reference in subsequent inspections, utilizing data from blueprints, customer specifications, and procurement text.
- Evaluate issues and provide initial recommendations for possible corrective actions.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times (following the 5 S s methodology).
- Collaborate on other projects as assigned by the Quality Supervisor or Quality Manager.
- High School diploma or GED; or completion of an apprenticeship from an accredited trade school.
- 0-2 years of demonstrated experience for Level 1 Quality Inspector, 2-5 years for Level 2 Quality Inspector, and 5 or more years for Level 3 Quality Inspector.
- Minimum five years' experience in dimensional tolerance inspection (Y14.5) of aerospace products is preferred.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints, interpreting work instructions, and strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior ISO and/or NADCAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and interpret various instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Perform inspection duties within the designated quality inspection area, separate from production.
- Frequently use hands for precision work and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.