Director, Systems Software Engineering
565 E GERMANN RD GILBERT, AZ 85297 United States of America
Director, Automotive Systems Software Engineering
SUMMARY: Oversee the development of system software for commercial and industrial Electric Vehicle Systems, encompassing Mobility and Charging platforms. The role entails overall responsibility for managing the development and production release of platform firmware, software, and communications within the vehicle, as well as between the vehicle, cloud, and client.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary ($170K - $200K), Comprehensive Benefits, and Stock Options
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect and design a resilient Vehicle Control and Telemetry System, leveraging automotive protocols such as Controller Area Network (CAN), FlexRay, and Local Interconnect Network (LIN) for seamless communication with vehicle ECUs, BMS, and third-party components.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define system requirements and specifications, ensuring compatibility with proprietary vehicle communication buses.
- Develop software components with a focus on optimizing data acquisition from various sensors, actuators, and control units within the vehicle. - Implement advanced diagnostic features by integrating On-Board Diagnostics protocols for real-time monitoring of system performance and fault detection.
- Lead the technical design of server systems, utilizing microservices architecture for scalability and high availability while integrating with in-vehicle gateway modules.
- Design secure communication channels between battery electric vehicles, charging hardware, and server systems, employing Transport Layer Security (TLS) and secure key exchange mechanisms.
- Implement data compression and encryption algorithms to optimize bandwidth usage during data transmission to the server, ensuring efficient utilization of cellular or satellite communication.
- Utilize cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure to design server-side components, employing serverless functions for event-driven telemetry data processing and storage.
- Integrate data visualization tools such as Grafana or Tableau for real-time monitoring and analysis of telemetry data, providing actionable insights to end-users.
- Conduct thorough code reviews, emphasizing coding standards, performance optimizations, and adherence to Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues related to both vehicle and server systems, with a focus on maintaining real-time data integrity.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Automotive Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven expertise as an Automotive Software Architect, specializing in telemetry systems with a deep understanding of automotive controls and communication protocols.
- Proficient in developing embedded systems software for automotive ECUs. - In-depth knowledge of vehicle network architectures, including CAN, FlexRay, and LIN.
- Familiarity with OBD-II standards and implementation for advanced vehicle diagnostics.
- Strong experience with cloud platforms, microservices, and serverless architectures.
- Understanding of automotive safety standards and ASIL requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to write clear technical/engineering documentation and coordinate documentation across digital systems for cross-functional alignment.
- Experience integrating data visualization tools like Grafana or Tableau.