Aerospace TIG Welders - Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ 85019 US
Location: 35 th Ave and Indian School, Phoenix AZ.
Shifts: 1 st 7AM 3: 30PM OR 2 nd 1-30PM 9: 30-11: 30PM (Depending on Department).
Pay: $21-$35/hour Depending on Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Dimensionally and visually inspect parts for adherence to customer requirements.
- Reads routers, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine dimensional specifications and operating requirements.
- Dimensionally and visually inspects parts produced to ensure meets customer requirements.
- Performs required preventative maintenance procedures on assigned welding equipment within specified time frames.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, experience in Aerospace welding is preferred; 0-2 years of demonstrated experience for Level 1 Welder, 2-5 years of demonstrated experience for
- Level 2 Welder. For level 3 Welder, 5 years of similar welding experience is required. Fusion (TIG) welding experience is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and blueprints in English is required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to weld specific metals, Inconel s, stainless steel, aluminum
- Ability to weld thickness ranging from .032-.090
- Ability to use measuring instruments calipers, micrometers etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee successfully perform essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, use hands to finer, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must frequently lift and or move up to 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to drive and operate a Forklift.