Aerospace QA Inspector - Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ 85019 US
Pay: $20-30/hour depending on experience (weekly pay!)
Schedule: Monday Friday 6AM -2: 30PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and inspects parts for compliance with required process, certification, and any other required paperwork.
- Documents and reports on all discrepancies.
- Inspects purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and raw materials for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices: Examines items for defects in materials, work and damage occurring in transit.
- Performs in-process inspections per documented requirements and reports on all discrepancies.
- Performs source inspections as requested by customers and completes all associated documentation.
- Compares completed product with parts list, drawings, blueprints, customer purchase order, customer specifications and/or sample model to ensure that the product meets customer expectations.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material.
- Performs first article inspections and completes all associated documentation.
- Assist in the writing and updating inspection procedures, protocols and checklists.
- Prepare inspection procedure outlines for reference use, using data obtained from blueprints, customer specifications, and procurement text
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective actions.
- Always keep work area clean.
- Other projects as assigned my Quality Supervisor or Quality Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; or Completed apprenticeship from and accredited trade school. 0-2 years of demonstrated experience for Level 1 Quality Inspector, 2-5 years of demonstrated experience for Level 2 Quality Inspector, 5 or more years of demonstrated experience for Level 3 Quality Inspector.
- Minimum five years experience of dimensional tolerance inspection of aerospace products preferred.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, interpret work instructions, strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel.
- ISO and /or NADCAP experience is preferred.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Perform inspection duties within the designated quality inspection area separate from production.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.