Aerospace Maintenance Technician - Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ 85019 US
Location: 35th Ave and Indian School 85019
Schedule: Monday -Friday 2PM-10: 30PM
Pay: $26-34 depending on experience (weekly pay!)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to ensure performance is in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Understands production machines driven by hydraulic pressure.
- Understands the set-up and operation of lathes, drill presses, grinders and other metalworking tools in order to maintain and repair such equipment.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performances.
- Assists with the dismantling and or installation of equipment.
- Advises Maintenance Mgr. Of parts needing to be ordered.
- Recommends components to be maintained in inventory to reduce down time of equipment.
- Is able to evaluate PLC s, PC s, servo drives by testing using a multi-meter and
- identifying problems and repair or replace needed parts.
- Must understand electrical schematics.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from; or three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual. Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables insinuations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions: written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, use hands to finer, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to high places; fumes or airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Must frequently lift and or move up to 50lbs.