Supplier Quality Engineer
· Develop and implement procedures and systems necessary to promote continuous improvement of product and to support departmental goals.
· Work with various Manufacturing Sites and Suppliers to facilitate supplier corrective action, evaluation, development and communication of quality improvement plans and metrics.
· Ability to facilitate, develop and foster relationships with suppliers, procurement, and other internal customers in order to meet company objectives.
· Work with product support teams and apply quality tools to information/data in order to create, analyze, maintain and effectively present measures to stakeholders.
· Create and maintain databases and product lifecycle management work flows in order to promote new product development and maintain existing product.
· Review and assess Supplier Production Part Approval Process Submissions including Dimensional Layouts, Material Certifications, Control Plans, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Capability and Gage Studies.
· Perform Supplier Qualification and/or Surveillance Audits with Cross-Functional Teams and Suppliers.
· Participate in Design and Contract Reviews for Supplied Components.
· Supervise Quality Technicians in the areas of Receiving Inspection and/or Metrology Labs.
· Manage Projects pertaining to Quality System Infrastructure and New Product Development.
Five years working in a manufacturing environment
Experience working with Spectrophotometers and Color Measurement
Good facilitation and communication skills.
The ability to work in a team environment
Familiarity with quality procedures, quality tools and statistical techniques
Knowledge and proficiency working with computers including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Databases, XA, and Product Life Cycle Management.
Experience working with Electrical, Electro-mechanical or LED Lighting Components
Experience working with raw ABS/HIPS/HMWPE Plastic Sheet manufacturing and Thermoforming
American Society for Quality - Certified Quality Engineer and/or Certified Quality Auditor preferred.