Senior Project Estimator
Senior Project Estimator – Direct Hire in Phoenix, AZ
Salary Range – $80,000 to $120,000 Base + Benefits and Incentives
Full Relocation Available
Plus Benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K and other incentives
Plan, organize, and implement accurate estimating functions for assigned projects, communicate and work within estimating staff or consultants to ensure accurate estimates are professionally prepared in appropriate formats in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review design documents to understand scope and clarify ambiguities with internal team or design team or Owner.
- Prepare take-off for the following trades: Program Area, Interiors, Enclosure Systems, Structural Systems, Sitework.
- Enter line items in estimating software and price the following trades: Interiors, Enclosure Systems, Structural Systems, and Sitework.
- Have a detailed understanding of all building systems and pricing/ Estimations.
- Lead kick-off meetings for projects.
- Write estimation instructions to Bidders for assigned projects.
- Provide training for Estimators I, II, III; review their work and perform estimate reconciliation.
- Prepare bid posting sheets and manage bid day efforts for competitive and negotiated projects.
- Develop sub lists and issue project documents to the subcontractor community.
- Senior Estimator will contact subcontractors for budget pricing and to clarify/understand various scopes of work.
- Collaborate with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the estimate.
- Develop bid posting scopes and review bids to ensure all assigned trades have a complete scope on competitive and negotiated projects.
- Distribute project documents and relevant project information to the project team.
- Track responsibilities of the team preparing estimates.
- Close-out bids on Smartbid.
- Archive competitive and negotiated project cost data and estimates into historical cost templates.
- Prepare and price "Value Management" lists for assigned projects to keep projects in budget while maintaining the client's needs.
- Review, present, and explain results and recommendations for assigned estimates and bids with estimating manager and internal clients.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Organize and lead estimating efforts on all types of competitive or negotiated projects.
- Participate in meetings with clients and designers to obtain a thorough understanding of the project scope.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual cost.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field required.
- 8+ years position related work experience in project estimating or related field (Project Management, Cost Estimating, Bids, Etc.) HEAVILY preferred.
For Immediate Consideration Contact Andrew Boca at:
Corporate Job Bank
Account Executive / Sr. Recruiter
480-966-0709 (Main Office; Ask for Andrew)