- Ensure production has quality components to support on-time delivery of customer orders
- Monitor supply and demand, schedules, and delivery performance, and take appropriate action to ensure the right parts get to the right area on time.
Job Duties that support the objectives:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining approval(s) based on signing limits; forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Manages relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance of terms of contracts.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation (up to set authorized limits).
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents systematically.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Work within MRP system to validate current and future orders, make changes as needed, and review inventory balances to meet internal demands.
- Submit open purchase order reports to providers weekly to obtain ETA’s on goods, update records accordingly, and escalate quality/backorders with management appropriately.
- Communicates any variances to manager
- Other tasks as assigned in support of Supply Chain and company mission.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a business focus.
Experience: Supply management, vendor relationships, customer service, documentation skills, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, cost accounting,
Computer skills: Working knowledge of MS Office, Great Plains experience preferred
Other skills and abilities: Effectively interact with multiple departments to provide excellent internal customer service and coordination, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with excellent organizational skills