SUMMARY: Directing the activities of the production team members, scheduling their work to answer daily and weekly milestones. This challenging position places high premiums on effective teamwork, clear communication, initiative, intelligent judgment, achieving and maintaining production efficiency and, most importantly, an unwavering dedication to the safety of our employees.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Supervise the production team, mentor and motivate team members, ensuring individual and group productivity.
· Act as communications hub for the team, disseminating pertinent and timely information.
· Schedule routine production functions, as well as special production needs and repair of warranty product.
· Work within the companies scheduling procedures to monitor production flow, using data indicators to schedule workload, ensuring output meets company targeted goals.
· Maintain and boost production efficiency, initiate and implement continuous improvement projects, train team members, and work with management to implement new processes.
· Assist in performing hands-on production and assembly functions.
· Assume responsibility for quality output as a participant in administering the company’s Quality Management System.
· Implement Lean Manufacturing practices.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITY
· Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work and uses time efficiently. Attention to detail, organized, able to meet deadlines.
· Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Can function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
· Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction.
· Safety and security—observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. Ability to read and interpret safety rules and instructions which are posted in English.
· Communication - effectively and professionally conveys information internally and externally through verbal and written communication skills. Actively listens, communicates clearly, concisely and assures understanding.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts, add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
· Function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
· Detail-oriented and organized, able to work in a fast-pace environment and meet deadlines.
· A demonstrated ability to prioritize, follow through, and manage multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 2 years experience as a team leader or hands-on floor supervisor.
· Proven leadership, verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
· Time management, scheduling and prioritization skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining extremely high quality standards.
· Experience with utilizing and creating effective MS Excel spreadsheets; working capability with MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Monday – Sunday 7AM-7PM Rotating 2 on/2 off - A Shift
Monday – Sunday 7PM-7AM Rotating 2 on/2 off - B Shift
Monday – Sunday 7AM-7PM Rotating 2 on/2 off - C Shift
Monday – Sunday 7PM-7AM Rotating 2 on/2 off - D Shift