Responsible for the direction and control of manufacturing floor of a plant including organizing, developing and managing the manufacturing and maintenance functions and implementing established policies, procedures, and performance standards for these functions which lead to the timely and efficient production and distribution of high-quality products at the least cost.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Indirectly supervises all production employees with respect to cost and quality of production and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Assures timely delivery to customer and resolves any production issues.
- Trains, coaches and evaluates hourly personnel, ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and lead the implementation of lean processes into the plant.
- Implements concepts such as 5S, visual management, pull systems and flexible workforce.
- Monitors and ensures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities, including housekeeping.
- Confers with Operations Manager in establishing working schedules for all production departments.
- Responsible for creating a safe working environment, ensuing implementation of plant safety policies, procedures and programs and adhering to requirement under OSHA, and other federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Assures adherence to standard operating practices/methods and maintaining the incentive and day work wage systems.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with hourly workforce - employee relations, discipline and complaint procedures.
- Adheres to established budgetary limitations.
- Supervises equipment/facility maintenance including preventive maintenance and housekeeping programs.
- Recommends equipment and/or layout changes and improved production methods.
- Fills in for Operations Manager as needed.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- AA Degree or equivalent plant supervisory experience preferably in the bedding/mattress industry
- 5 years of experience in a management role
- 5S, Kaizen or Lean Manufacturing Certified
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to meet delivery requirements
- Ability to work in a cooperative environment
Corporate Job Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Corporate Job Bank is a Drug-Free Workplace
ABOUT CORPORATE JOB BANK:
With nearly 30 years in the business, Corporate Job Bank is committed to providing valuable opportunities to both organizations and candidates alike. We pride ourselves on our ability to match organizations and people based on values, skills, and opportunities.