Payroll Accounting Assistant
Location : Phoenix, AZ
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Compensation : 19.23 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Administrative
Job Category : Clerical/Admin
Job Description :
- Create and maintain preferred vendor listing-including securing certificates of insurance and W-9s
- Review daily purchase orders, verifying appropriate signatures and information are included.
- Process invoices as received, matching up with purchase orders and scheduling for payment.
- Reconcile and maintain accounts payable aging to assist in cash payment forecasting.
- Annual 1099 preparation.
- Perform telephone and email correspondence daily with vendors/suppliers.
- Assist with new system configuration and conversion winter/spring 2013
Credit Card Processing
- Assist in populating new mastercard online smart data program
- Train card holders on new system
- Process monthly statements for payment
- Maintain approved driver list for insured drivers
- Process all vendor certificates of insurance
- Maintain all insurance policies, update vehicle records and file necessary claim
- Process background checks on all employees and volunteers
General Business Office Duties
- Assist with monthly account reconciliations and various outside reporting as required.
- Assist with student accounts during peak traffic times and as needed for office coverage.
- Backup for student accounts and human resources/payroll functions including student employee intake
- Document office procedures and research and develop new processes as required.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Copying, filing, and other job duties as requested by the Business Office Manager.
- Position requires the incumbent to sit, stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 lbs. This position includes many long hours standing and walking both indoors and outdoors, exposure to extreme heat, as well as cooler temperatures.
- Predominately works at desk/computer workstation and high volume of phone use.
- Some evenings and weekends required during peak registration times.
- Frequently moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues.
Required Qualifications :
Minimum high school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience. College degree
- Previous accounting experience in payables and payroll required.
- Previous experience with a software conversion.
- Previous customer service experience within a Christian business desired.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- High attention to detail and ability to learn new processes quickly.
- General knowledge of accounts payable processing.
- General knowledge of payroll processing
- Good people skills with ability to deal with confidential information of customers and staff in a helpful and respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate well with and support other offices in serving our students and constituents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook) required. Experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains) and/or Jenzabar a plus.
- General office experience.
- Filing experience