Medical Claims Processor for State Agency (Long Term Full Time)
Job Type :
Compensation : 14.75 USD/HOUR
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
High School plus relevant professional training.
Job Industry :
Government - Civil Service
Job Description :
OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
Corporate Job Bank is currently seeking Medical Claims Processors to work for our client, a local government agency.
The claims processor position will log and adjudicate multi-line claims accurately in accordance with AGENCY and AHCCCS rules; research and identify potential cases that qualify for COB and TPL; research multi-line claims payment resolution; apply proper fee schedules and coding, bundling, CCI edit rules for reimbursement; ensure that claims meet standards of compliance and are eligible for payment; research, MUE’s (Medically Unlikely Edits), CPT & HCPCS codes, ICD-10 diagnostic codes, add-on, bundling and various coded information in approved online systems, coding books, and manuals; the ability to completely answer detailed claims-related questions; makes recommendations to the Unit Manager regarding final approval, denial or adjustments to claims; identify and resolve claims payment discrepancies’; work directly with the appropriate unit (IT, Medical Services and Provider Service Units) to resolve issues. The claims processor will also need to be available to answer phones regarding claims and check status.
As a claims processor, your typical duties will include:
• Document preparation
• Data entry of claims into system
• Use of ICD-9 and CPT10 coding systems to interpret and prep claim documents.
• Follow up on missing data with providers and or patients.
• Forwarding of questionable claims to appropriate departments for review. • Some phone support may be required.
Required Qualifications :
We are currently interviewing experienced Medical Claims Processors. Minimum qualifications are:
1. Fast typing skills (10 key experience preferred)
2. Previous experience in Customer Service
3. Coding or billing knowledge
4. Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
5. Preference will be given to those submitted with previous Claims experience
These positions will require a thorough criminal background check.
If you meet these qualifications and are serious about starting your new career now, contact us immediately. Our customer has an immediate need.
480-966-0709 x 104
Corporate Job Bank
Med. Claims Processing