Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Corporate Job Bank is looking for an expert mechanical maintenance technician for a temp to hire opportunity with a well known defense company.
In this senior position, incumbent will repair and maintain up to the most complex assigned production machinery and equipment in a timely and proficient manner: Install equipment and machines as directed; and may be asked to help train other lower level positions in this department.
• Assist Lead with setting priorities and responsibilities to peer employees in the event that a supervisor is not available. Guide and/or train lower level maintenance mechanics employees. Assist lower level maintenance mechanics with equipment
• Daily contact with Maintenance Supervisors and manufacturing personnel. Cooperation with other Maintenance Crafts and Manufacturing Personnel.
• Assist or directly responsible to complete preventive maintenance schedules.
• Provide vital indirect support to the production process.
• Follow all policies, procedures, guidelines, safety precautions, etc. Maintain a safe and clean work area and be aware of these guidelines where you are in the plant.
• Trouble shoot and repair machines and equipment, ranging to the most complex levels
• Work with other maintenance crafts for task completion of repairs and new installations.
• Complete Preventive Maintenance tasks. (Maintain lubrication schedules; service forklifts, electric carts, and aerial lifts; weight test hoists and cranes; and overhaul machines and equipment.)
• Install new equipment & machinery. Test machinery as required.
• Ability to use a DVM and read electrical diagrams.
• Increase knowledge base by attending approved course ware. Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on previous experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, most work is usually self-directed.
• HVAC experience a plus
HVAC Electrical Production Machinery Maintenance
People Manager Skills
7 years hands on experience, direct or related maintenance experience in an assembly/fabrication or similar manufacturing environment. Must have good communication skills.
If you meet these qualifications and are serious about starting your new career now, contact us immediately. Our customer has an immediate need.