Machine Operator II
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Operation of the technological processes of carpet recycling
· Operation and control of machinery in carpet recycling
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
· Wear the proper safety equipment
· Keeping the working environment organized and safe.
· Responsible for maintaining the respective production area clean.
· Assist the Production team and Supervisor in 5’s and Safety of the production floor and machines.
· Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
· Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks or aircraft
· Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
· Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
· Checking loads are secure
· Stacking empty pallets
· Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
· Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
· Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
· Dumping materials into machine hoppers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
· Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
· Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
· Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
· Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
· Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred
· 4-8 yrs previous warehouse experience
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in recycling
· Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
· Dependable and Reliable
· Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
· Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
· Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
· Maintain a clean & safe environment
· May be required to use RF scanner gun