Groundskeeper- Baseball Field - Diablo
Corporate Job Bank is hiring Spring Training Seasonal Workers for Tempe Baseball Fields.
ASAP!!!! ASAP!!!! ASAP!!!! ASAP!!!! ASAP!!!! ASAP!!!!
Pay is $11.00 plus overtime.
We are scouting for team players that has general labor skills, grounds keeping and ability to operate motorized tools such as lawn mowers, edgers, weed eaters, ect.
Primary Job Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of the playing field for pre-game batting practice by setting up cage, screens, mats, and protective field covers
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the playing field that includes, but is not limited to turf (mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerating, top-dressing, over-seeding, discovery/control of weeds, insects, and diseases) and dirt (infield skin, baselines, home plate, pitchers mound, bullpens, warning track) management.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner and keep in excelllent working condition
- Assist in the preparation of the playing field for game use by grooming field, chalking base path foul lines, painting outfield foul lines, marking coaching boxes.
- Maintain a positive relationship with umpires, staff, players and baseball fans.
- Develop a relationship with home and visiting managers to coordinate pre-game batting practice
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Obtain uniform standards
- Ability to multitask in a stressful and ever-changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability and willingness to learn new techniques, skills, and practices
- Excellent people and relationship skills
- Coachable, willing and able to learn quickly
- Ability to work overtime
- Pass a National Background Check
Corporate Job Bank