Experienced Sheet Metal Estimator Needed-Direct Hire
One of Corporate Job Bank's customers is a large manufacting/construction company in Casa Grande, AZ and is seeking a proven Estimator. In this position you will be estimating costs of sheet metal and other metal product jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to production from start to finish on all custom work
- Review construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Ensure the design of product is feasible with the equipment on hand using Trutops or similar program. If it is not feasible with current equipment, what would be the additional cost or equipment and/or tooling
- Obtain pricing for materials needed outside the stock materials
- Obtain bids for subcontracted work for custom jobs
- Create a quotation for all Aquaduct metal work and fiberglass catch basins
- Review quotes from Aquaduct on channels and standard frame modifications and inform supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions
- Review quotes from Quartz on channels and standard frame modifications and inform supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions
- Determine if further modifications are needed based on customer specifications; collaborate with Sales & Production team to seek best solutions for customers.
- Use SolidWorks and JetCam to create, modify, and edit submittal drawings package and shop drawings for production/fabrication.
- Provide technical assistance on each project regarding parts, modifications, and other related technical info prior to quotation.
- Support manufacturing process by monitoring compliance of quality and specification.
- Performs field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues.
- Build quotes utilizing an estimator
- Enter orders utilizing Syspro and confirm those orders
- Communicate effectively with others, attend regular meetings fiberglass/metal shop departments and interact globally
- Provide customer service via phone and email.
- Certificate or Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or strong knowledge of engineering principles
- Proficient in AutoCad and Solidworks
- 2 to 5 years of recent work experience in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2 years of experience in metal fabrication & cost estimating