DE Underwriter (In-House)
Location : Chandler, AZ
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Mortgage
Job Description :
- Review of all loan documentation submitted, included but not limited to analysis of loan application, credit, income asset, and liability documentation to calculate the risk assessment.
- Conduct careful risk analysis and exercise judgment based on experience to approve or deny loan files and ensure that loans meets the various loan program requirements in order to successfully resell the loan on the secondary market.
- Verify data entry in Encompass, and AUS findings are accurate.
- Assist internal customers in finding loan programs for various borrowers, documenting and presenting files.
- Underwriting of mortgage loans using guidelines based on investors specifics and FHA, Jumbo, USDA, FNMA and FHLMC specifics.
- Assist in continued training of junior underwriters and underwriting support staff.
- Clearance of all prior to doc conditions to ensure loan quality and smooth closing process.
- Assist in clearance of suspense items for individual end investor.
- Continuing training of internal customers to ensure external customer satisfaction.
- Contact external end investors for difficult scenario questions in order to determine the salability of mortgage loans.
Required Qualifications :
Education, Knowledge, skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- FHA chums number required for at least one year.
- LAPP designation plus but not required
- A minimum of 3 years as mortgage loan underwriter, reviewing, FHA, USDA, JUMBO, and conventional loans.
- Proficient in DU & LP, Total Scorecard and FHA Connection.
- Encompass experience is preferred, but not a must.