Construction Estimator – Direct Hire – $80,000 to $110,000
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Benefits: Health Insurance benefit package, 401K
Very profitable SMB client actively seeking a Construction Estimator located in their Phoenix AZ Corp. office to participate in the analysis of costs and help to prepare estimates on new construction and telecom projects.
This position will be required to provide technical and administrative support to the estimating department with emphasis on estimating, project review, data entry, subcontractor research, bid perpetration material costing and pre-bid site visits.
Our construction contracts range from small renovation and repairs to major multi-year projects involving all trades and divisions. Involved in hard competitive bid, select invited bid and negotiated bid work.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting as required to ensure project estimates are complete with line item take offs, all estimating policies, procedures, and performance standards are followed in accordance with company policy and contract specifications.
- Analyze blueprints to help prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Solicit and review pricing from vendors and subcontractors.
- Assist in estimating probable costs of materials, labor and equipment for construction or telecom projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects.
- Participates in site review, SOW review, project hand-off, project closing and operational/sector meetings with the Chief Estimator, Project Manager, and Purchasing as required.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors, multi-state area.
- Consult and communicate with engineers, architects, customers, vendors, contractors and subcontractors.
Manage internal database of various price structures and estimating information.
- Minimum 3-5 years working for a Prime Contractor on Federal government projects.
- The ideal experience is with DOD projects or a combination of 3-5 years project estimating and Project Manager Responsibilities for a prime Contractor or larger subcontractor.
- Knowledge of the construction and telecom industry and estimating processes.
- Planning and scheduling skills.
- Understanding of project forecasting and projections.
- Ability to read drawings and project/structural design interpretation.
- Competency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of RS Means costing and Timberline estimating.
- Knowledgeable with multi-state pricing and subcontractor base.
Contact Andrew Boca for immediate consideration at: Andrew@CorporateJobBank.com
Corporate Job Bank
Account Executive / Sr. Recruiter
480-966-0709 (Main Office)