Accounts Payable Clerk
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Duties:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Payable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information , Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills